Saturday, September 25, 2004

Let's get started ...

Hi there ...

It took me a real long time to figure what to write about that could interest all of you because after all the people who look at my blog are the ones i am writing this for . Although starting a blog on a particular topic is definitely going to narrow down your audience , it can definitely be made interesting by not making too making too many technical comments ...

By the way , before I go on I want to make one thing clear ... I am never going to claim to be the sole authority on guitaring .... I mean if there are ever any incorrect comments made by me then please do not hesitate to comment on it and I will graciously accept my mistake ...

lets start off with some beginner's stuff .....

invariably one who is interested in the art of guitaring has to start somewhere and not necessarily with the best gear ... because after all most of us come from backgrounds where spending thousands on a musical instrument will be considered to be extravagance and not only a luxury .... So , in that vein , lets assume that one is starting with an acoustic guitar at hand .

There are several types of guitars one will find ... I mean that even the name acoustic guitar is considered to be very vague .... on the basis of strings to be used on guitar there are two main types : nylon and steel .

Nylon string guitars are usually smaller and is used by classical guitarists , I mean the original spanish guitar is one with nylon strings and is played with fingers . The following is an example :

a Yamaha acoustic guitar

As for steel-string guitars ... they are the ones that are more of popular use . Even steel stringed guitars can have different models : the Jumbo and the F-cut guitars. The jumbo guitar has a larger sound-box compared to the F-cut which is characterised by the f-shaped cuts on the sound box .

For starting off on the guitaring you would also need proper plectrums - the small triangular objects you use to play guitars . For beginners a thinner variety would normally be more preferable ... or maybe medium . There are several brands available but the best ones are made by D'Addario and Jim Dunlop.For more info on the picks to use check out GuitarPicksUK.com.

Till next time ... ciao

2 Comments:

At September 25, 2004 at 11:07 PM, Blogger Battering Cram said...

Nice tut Apro.
Hey , I am into the blogging circuit too . Check out my blog http://thebigbadblogger.blogspot.com
Ciao,
Ram

 
At September 25, 2004 at 11:49 PM, Blogger kpowerinfinity said...

hey apro,

this site is developing into something really interesting...

Even I [with no muzik sense at all] am getting interested in knowing more about guitars...

keep writing

 

Post a Comment

<< Home