Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Technique is the key ...

Hello everybody ,

I am back once again with my store-house ( not quite ) of guitar knowledge . Well , those who know me must have been wondering what caused this lay-off of sorts . After all , I have been posting quite regularly since I have registered on blogger . Well my friends the delay was regarding the subject matter of my subsequent posts , and the feedback on the present ones ... I was clueless as to how this last post was received because it involved the most background work out of all my posts so far ... but the comments column was surprisingly empty ... I hope you understand the problem I am having ... as long as I don't get the necessary feedback from you people I would not have any way of knowing your response to the posts ... whether the posts are a smashing success or whether I am boring you out of your minds ... the shoutbox ... or the comments are the only way I would get to know ...

Well , coming back to the topic ... I thought that two posts - and pretty lengthy ones at that -should be sufficient to give you most , if not all, the background knowledge that is necessary regarding the guitar ... for starters at least. So without much ado let us move into some serious stuff .

Guitar lessons you would find aplenty on the net . All you have to do is to open google and search for them. Your pages will be flooded with all sorts of results going into tens of thousands . The guitar is an extremely popular instrument you know ;-)

Over here therefore I am not going to give you guitar lessons or even attempt to do so . The whole business of guitaring is altogether too vast . I guess the problem with most people trying to pick up the guitar is that there are very few people to show you the right way of doing things ... I went through a very similar period when any and every song that you hear sounds oh-so-awesome and yet you are clueless as to how to go about learning to play it . Therefore my ultimate aim is to share as much knowledge as I possibly can and hope that it helps .

The first thing that you need to do as a budding guitarist is to try and learn the basics as much as possible ... before venturing into playing songs ...

Jimmy Hendrix -the legend

I know that it is extremely difficult to do so . As soon as you have a guitar in your hands you feel like Jimmy Hendrix or Joe Satriani , producing that unbelievable burst of speed that scrambles your guts with its raw power . However , let me tell you its not an overnight thing . You have to spend hours and hours of practice to reach the level of perfection attained by the leading lights of the guitaring world . Hence , my advice to you would be to have patience , and faith in your abilities . The videos of the masters doing their stuff will always be something to learn from . But initially , it would be best if you could concentrate on getting your basics right - something they call "technique" - and the rest would fall into place ...

I sure hope that I am not boring you ... but what the hell ... how would I know unless you send me your comments ;-)

till next time ... its goodbye

2 Comments:

At October 6, 2004 at 10:17 PM, Blogger punit said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At October 6, 2004 at 10:28 PM, Blogger punit said...

Hey Apro....
Nice going dude.I m sure guitar lovers are finding ur blogs very useful.
I agree with u.There are not many ppls around who show u the right way here as far as the learning process is concerned.People here idolise WTMS as a rock band and want to be one of the members.But frankly speaking what WTMS does cant be called music in the least.They take undue advantage of ppl's ignorance bout the technicalities of metal/rock music.A distortion guitar is very different from a noisy guitar.But unfortunately very few ppl can percieve this difference.
There is no excuse to playing songs which are far beyond ur capabilities.Saying that u r playing such nos coz its not ur profession and its just for fun....to this i have to say that there is no fun if u SUCKKK.

So what i wud appeal to the guitar learners is to concentrate on the sound and the feeling.After all this is what for we play music----a feeling.And that can only be had through a wholesome sound from ur instrument.Speed is not the no. of frets u hit in an interval but its the no. of notes u PLAY.

good going Apro.Keep the good work on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home